Friday, November 21, 2008

Barkley's Favourite Letter is B!


Hi boys and girls,
Yesterday was a very exciting day for me--it was my first day of Kindergarten at Oak Lake Community School. I know I had a bit of a late start, but I had a lot to do in my home in Flat Creek before I could join you at school. When I woke up yesterday, there were icicles in my lodge. I knew it was time to move to the warm Kindergarten classroom for the winter! I'm sure glad I did because it is even colder today.

I heard a lot of words yesterday that started with B. I heard a lot of different names for me like Benny, Bobby Joe, and Bart. I heard other B words such as boat, big, bunny, burrow, bridge, and brother. I even saw Mrs. Caldwell and the Kinders use this big white screen (I think it's called a SmartBoard) to learn about Bouncy Ben in Letterland. Mrs. Caldwell and the Kinders recorded the lesson and posted it to the blog so you can watch it at home and get extra practice! When you are printing the letter B, make sure you always start at the top.

A special hello to my new friend Piggley in Ireland, Ms. O'Connell, and all the boys and girls there. Next time you see me I might be wearing some new clothes. One of the Kindergarten moms sent me a shirt with a beaver on it!! I love it! Stay tuned for my next blog post about my trip to see a famous author in Virden. I hope the Grades 5 and 6 students will help me write it as it is very hard to keyboard with my beaver paws! Have a super day everyone.

Love, Barkley

1 comment:

shafeen said...

Hello there!

My name is Shafeen, and I work at Microsoft in Seattle, Washington, which is in the United States of America. But like all of you, I’m a Canadian, I just live here now, and really miss Canada! I got to meet Mrs. Caldwell when she was in Hong Kong at the beginning of November, and was so excited to learn about Oak Lake Community School and all of the awesome children in the Kindergarten class!

Barkley seems to really likes being in your class, especially after you rescued him from the super-cold weather outside!

I can’t wait to read about the amazing adventures all of you and Barkley are going to have! For example, will Barkley get to go see Oak Lake? What does Barkley want for Christmas, and will you share pictures of the present he gets?

Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful stories – I can’t wait to read them!

Shafeen