Monday, February 16, 2009

Barkley Visits Mapleton School


On a very cold morning, I travelled to Mapleton School with Miss Hunter and Mrs. Caldwell. We spent the morning learning about MARVIN software. I wasn't very interested in it but Miss Hunter, Mrs. Caldwell, and Mr. Dudar (the principal of Mapleton School) were pretty excited about how it could be used in the classroom. The avatars that talked, moved, and looked like real people and animals were pretty cool though. I was disappointed that there wasn't a beaver avatar!
I also got to meet some of the people who travelled to Hong Kong and Singapore with Miss Hunter and Mrs. Caldwell. Norm Lee (Mindset, and one of the judges at the Worldwide Innovative Teachers' Forum) and Kevin Hnatiuk (New Media Manitoba, he filmed the whole trip) joined us for lunch.
Mapleton School is a very nice school and I want to say thank you to Mr. Dudar and his staff for their hospitality!




No comments: